Ever increasing demand for the use of renewable power sources has led to the strong development of wind farms, installations for the production of electric energy from the wind. The DT-10VE Remote Terminal is part of the DT-10 Remote Terminals range designed specifically for remote monitoring and control of wind turbines. The DT-10VE Remote terminal is located at the base of the wind turbine or in the substation near the wind turbine, where the medium voltage switchgear, power transformer and low voltage plant are located. The Remote Terminal is used for remote and local monitoring and control of the medium voltage switchgear, numerical overload protection of the transformer as well as the detection and indication of the ground fault and short circuit in the grid.
The function of monitoring can include the functions of measuring energy quantities as well as the functions of quality control in accordance with Euro standard EN 50160, or IEC 61000-4-30 Class S standard. In the last substation that connects the wind farm to the medium voltage grid the remote terminal is equipped with Feeder Terminal TP-10, energy meter and Class S power control device. The ring main unit and wind farm grid connection can be controlled locally using a keyboard and graphic LCD or remotely (optical connection, GPRS , radio connection) from the SCADA system. The DT-10VE has its own uninterruptible DC power supply. Every manipulation with the switchgear or protection is chronologically registered in the terminal and can be read locally and remotely.
[showhide type=”opis” more_text=”Show more” less_text=”Show less”]
- multiprocessor distributed system
- communication link RS 485 between the central unit and local terminals within the DT-10VE
- communication between the control center (SCADA system) and the remote terminal through various media (optical connection, GPRS, radio connection)
- MODBUS, ETHERNET, IEC 60870-5-101, IEC 60870-5-104 communication protocol
- communication with the control center by polling and on the event (event driven)
- chronological event registration, resolution 1ms
- self-test function and signalling of the availability of each local terminal and central unit
- local signalling of the condition of the plant and display of the measured values (alphanumeric or graphic LCD and LED elements)
- integrated uninterruptible DC power supply in the terminal
- in the substation of the wind farm connection to the medium voltage distribution grid the Remote Terminal DT-10VE is equipped with: Feeder Terminal TP-10, energy meter and Power Quality Monitor MT-20Q